Getting people to attend your event is one thing, but keeping them entertained and engaged once they’re there is another story. When your guests are engaged, they’re more likely to remember the event and you — the company that put it on. They’ll also be more inclined to talk about your business, product, or service afterward. Do you want to ensure your event is a successful and memorable experience for all who attend?
Discover five ways to keep event attendees engaged.
- Use interactive workshops, live demos, and samplings. Hosting interactive workshops, live demonstrations, and samplings relevant to your business offerings is a great way to engage with event attendees because they can physically test out your products, services, or technologies. Whether it’s a cooking demo, DIY craft session, or a tech showcase, interactive moments like these allow attendees to participate, learn, and ask questions in real-time.
- Provide games to play, contests to enter, and prizes to win. Including games, contests, or quizzes related to your event’s subject matter is another excellent way to get people involved. The activities you include can be fun and educational while also having a business goal in mind. Whether it’s getting people’s information to connect with them later or simply providing them with a souvenir to remember you by, these little moments can create a big impact. Go a step further and think of fun and engaging games like a scavenger hunt, trivia quiz, or photo contest where attendees can use event-specific hashtags to share their experiences on social media.
- Give out branded swag to attendees. Handing out swag is a great way to leave a lasting impression on event attendees. When you do this, you give attendees something they can take with them and use in their everyday lives. And because it’s branded, they’ll think of you whenever they pick it up. That’s why you should always strive to make your giveaways relevant and exciting — it’ll entice people to actually put those items to use.
- Make time for networking opportunities during your event. Networking is one of the many benefits of hosting an event for both you and the people who attend. Make sure to build in time for networking opportunities like speed networking sessions, icebreaker activities, or themed meetups. These mini-events give your attendees a chance to absorb the content you’re presenting and time to connect with like-minded individuals. A positive encounter can enhance your event attendee’s overall experience and leave them talking about it for weeks to come.
- Book dynamic speakers and host panel discussions. Providing interactive elements is one thing, but having engaging and dynamic speakers when holding a conference who can deliver insightful talks or participate in panel discussions is what will keep event attendees sticking around. Well-presented content that addresses relevant topics will captivate your audience and provide them with the value they’re seeking to obtain from buying a ticket or registering for the event in the first place. Don’t forget to encourage audience interaction during these presentations!
Variety is the spice of life, but it’s also the key to keeping attendees engaged during your next event. Aside from incorporating a mix of different activities to ensure there’s something for everyone, you also want to have the best event staff and management to keep everything running smoothly. Contact us now or give us a call at 646-829-1602 to see how All Aces Promotional Staffing can help you with your next event!