The 2023 holiday season is just around the corner, which means holiday markets and pop-up shops are upon us. If you’re one of the many businesses that experience an uptake in revenue during the holiday season, listen up! \
These markets and pop-up shops are a cost-effective way to get the attention of your target consumer and simultaneously spread brand awareness, all while turning a profit. However, the landscape is constantly evolving with new trends to captivate shoppers and create immersive experiences.
Here are five trends businesses can and should take advantage of during the 2023 holiday season to get the most out of markets and pop-up shops.
- Sustainable and handcrafted gifts. Today’s consumers love companies that put an emphasis on sustainability and the support of local artisans. As such, handmade, eco-friendly products will be very popular gift items this year. Shoppers want unique gifts that have a story behind them, and it’s even better if they’re made using sustainable materials and practices. From handmade candles and recycled art to upcycled fashion accessories, the focus is on environmentally conscious and locally sourced items that stand out due to their quality and craftsmanship.
- Interactive experiences. Consumers want to be wowed, and quite frankly, they have to be in a world oversaturated with buying options. This holiday season, some market shops will incorporate virtual or augmented reality elements to engage shoppers. From virtual try-on experiences to interactive displays that tell the story of a product’s journey, these experiences add a layer of excitement and personal connection to the shopping process.
- Tech-integrated marketplaces. Many businesses will utilize mobile apps and QR codes to enhance the shopping experience this holiday season. Shoppers will be able to scan codes to access product information, take advantage of discounts, and even participate in virtual events. They are also incorporating innovative payment systems to make transactions quick, easy, and contactless. Not only does this make buying faster and easier, but it also allows market organizers to engage with their audience in the way they want to interact.
- Customization corners. Personalization is another key trend in 2023. Many shoppers will be looking for retailers that give them the option to make their gifts more meaningful for the recipient. Whether it’s personalized engraving on jewelry, monogramming on clothing and accessories, or custom-blended scents for candles, these customization aspects give the consumer more control to create one-of-a-kind gifts that carry a special touch.
- Wellness and self-care products. Another popular consumer trend is a focus on health and well-being. That means you can expect to see more wellness and self-care products at holiday markets. From handmade organic skincare and aromatherapy items to wellness-themed gift baskets, shoppers will seek gifts promoting relaxation and self-care.
All Aces Promotional Staffing Can Staff Your Holiday Markets and Pop-Up Shops
Are you ready for these trends? They’ll continue to shape the holiday landscape, so give your shoppers what they want! A diverse and engaging array of offerings that go beyond traditional holiday shopping experiences. And don’t forget about your staff!
Whether you’re looking for sales assistants, brand ambassadors, managers, or samplers, All Aces knows how vital it is to have a cheerful and patient staff during the holiday season. After all, the people working at your pop-up shop can make or break your customers’ experience, so you’ll want to ensure you have a trained, positive staff ready.
Contact us today to learn how our event staffing and management services can help your holiday market or pop-up shop!